- Whee, more demonstration of Snow White’s herb skill. It’s something she actually works for.
- Seriously, I love it when characters show a little work to get where they are. Women aren’t born perfect, for goodness’ sake. And certainly not born perfectly feminine.
- The guards objectify her, of course. Was this written by a woman?
- Sure enough, the original manga and the adaptive script were written by women. Director’s a guy who worked on Wolf’s Rain, though.
- Zen shirks his responsibilities, then atones for it with a despairing fugue.
- Aw, his advisors look out for his health.
- He likes to explore the land he rules and keep track of things. That’s… kind of noble, if severely stupid.
- Snow White is hardly a danger. Still, I like that this stuff is addressed.
- See, she references stuff instead of instantly being like “this is xyz”. Some plants are tough to differentiate without a visual guide.
- She doesn’t sit there meekly and hurt herself. Instead she’s like “wait, I’d better check to see what’s up”.
- I like that he’s angry at the thought of her getting hurt, but isn’t going to stop her.
- She calls the guy’s bluff without fear.
- Zen’s like “that was a dumb way to do it”.
- Aw, a rival? Sigh.
- And he doesn’t even need to worry, she’s going through official channels without even thinking to ask him for favours.
I like this show. I don’t know that there’s going to be much plot, but the little touches are so charming.